Of all the places in all the world, Kauai will always be at the top of my list. Stets and I spent a Summer on the island living out of a rental car, driving up and down the coast, and loving every second of it. Once you visit the island, you realize that everywhere you look, there’s beauty that literally does not compare to anything else in the world, so picking favorites is hard… never the less, these are my top 5 picks of things to do, eat, and see while visiting this breathtaking, jaw dropping, awe inspiring island (in no specific order).
- Kalalea Juice Hale – You should eat at least one açai bowl a day from here (the King Kong bowl is my personal favorite)… or every meal.. your choice.
- Shipwreck Beach – This beach is especially popular for cliff jumping, and surfing during the summer months. Just remember, if you do jump, try not to land the 75 foot drop into the ocean right on your backside… it hurts. Hey, we all have to laugh at ourselves for doing things the wrong way sometimes though.
- Waimea Canyon – Otherwise known as the “Grand Canyon” of Kauai. The view from the top is nothing short of breathtaking.
- Wailua Falls – Yet another spot on Kauai that’s going to leave you with your mouth gaping. If you drive to Wailua, off to the side of where all the tourists are taking photos from above, theres a steep (and I mean STEEP) path to the bottom of the falls. Trust me, the trek is worth it.
- Queen’s Bath – This spot is someplace that you want to wake up early to come see, because as the day goes on it gets more and more crowded. After walking down the path through a jungle that’s beautiful all on it’s own, you’re lead down to a rocky cliffside with various pools of water, one specifically known as, Queen’s Bath. Use caution here, at certain points in the day the tide is especially high and strong, and people have been known to be swept out to sea.
I hope these picks helped you decide what to do with your day if visiting the island, or even inspired you to go! Make sure to tag me in your photos if ever you go, I can’t wait to see what adventures you have!